Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Rushing Bonding

Due to some airline vouchers, Eric and I were able to make a couple of trips. Our first trip that we got to go to was to Vancouver to see my brothers and spend time with their cute families! Eric had never been there and Clara Jo had yet to meet her uncles, aunts, and cousins that reside there. Here is little picture diary of our fun and short trip!

To start it off, Clara Jo experienced her first airplane ride. It was not a long flight which was good! She did great although she was unable to partake of the complimentary beverage and peanuts! :)





We got there on a Friday and there happened to be a concert in Portland on Friday night that we happened to have tickets to! Funny how that worked! Scott, Heidi, Eric, and I went to the Reba and George Strait concert together! Shane and Julie were willing to spend time our with little one so we could go! It was amazing and so fun to go with Scott and Heidi. Here are some pictures of us on our evening out. Notice how Heidi and I dressed up for Reba and George!






Leann Womack opened up the show and she did a great job. Then Reba came out and sang and I don't need to mention how great that part of the concert was. Towards the end of Reba's set, Leann Womack came out and sang "Does He Love You" with Reba. Reba then had Barbara Jean come out and do a little comedy interchange that was so funny. Then George came out and sang his set! He has such great songs. It was a long and wonderful concert. My only negative thought about the concert was that I would have liked to have seen Reba and George do a song or two together! But it was still an amazing night! Heidi took some great pictures of the performers!







Saturday we decided that had hadn't traveled enough, so we took a little road trip. Heidi was driving to Yakima to see Cassidy and Kennedy's state dance competition. Eric, Clara Jo, and I came along for the ride. We enjoyed the day of bonding with Heidi and watching all the dancing. My, what talented nieces I have. Sad to say, I don't think the dancing skills came from the Rushing side of the family!






We got home from Yakima Saturday night and Scott and Heidi were heading to Salt Lake on Sunday morning. Eric and I had a great time with the Scott Rushings and Clara Jo was able bond with them as well!






On Sunday we got to spend time with the Shane Rushing family. We went to church with them and we spent the day chillaxin! Julie made a yummy dinner and we busted out a little Ticket to Ride Europe! It was a great relaxing day. Clara Jo got most of the attention. Her cousins Alli and Andrew made sure she was entertained and held the whole day. Ty enjoyed her as well but not to the full amount that the twins did.






On Monday it was time for us to head back to Utah. Julie and the kids took us to the airport. However, we had to make a stop at this yogurt place called Yocream! It was of a delicious nature and a sweet way to end our trip! As we ate our treat, we got a few more pictures of the family.






As you can see, we had a great trip of good music, good food, and great company! We enjoyed ourselves ever so much! Thanks Rushings!!! The best part was, trip #2 was just around the corner! Will post that one soon!

6 comments:

Meggan said...

Oh, I wish we closer. I love your brothers and their awesome families! It look like a blast, and sign me up, next time I am out your way I will totally take pics of your sweet family. So cute!

AJ Candrian said...

My goodness your nieces have grown up! :) Glad you had so much fun! Little Clara J. looks as pleased as can be with all the attention!

Heidi Rushing said...

You are so quick! I still need to blog about this. Maybe I can just post a link to your blog! We had some major bonding (I was going to say bondage but that didn't sound quite right!) Thanks for joining me one the Yakima road trip even if you did eat ALL those tacos!

Marisa Jean said...

Holy trip--and holy concert. All three of those performers I love, but we all know my adoration for Gorgeous George! Ahhhh....I'll go with you to a concert of his ANY time! :)

Nicole Marsh said...

What a fun time!! I bet the concert was awesome.

jrushing said...

So much fun! Thanks for taking great pictures! It was fun to re-live your visit!!! Hope your other trip was just as fun!