Monday, March 22, 2010

Home Sweet Home

It is hard to believe that we have been in our new humble abode for almost 2 months now. Eric and I have tried to settle in and get projects done around the house. We still have a couple of rooms that still need some tender loving care but it is definitely coming along. As promised in an earlier post, here are some photographs of our new place!


Eric, Clara Jo, and I in front of the new humble abode. One of our next big projects to tackle is the yard with landscaping and such!


This picture shows the entry way and the view you get when you walk in the house. Right across from my curro cabinet is the stairs to go upstairs. The door that you see on the left side of the picture leads to our unfinished basement which is great for storage and could possible be finished someday down the road. The door on the right side of the picture leads to our 2 car garage.


Here is our family/television room. This is where we spend most of our time chillaxin!


Here is the kitchen which was a total selling point for us. We love how nice it looks and how open it is. I have a huge pantry and tons of storage. In the middle of the kitchen and the t.v. room is a big place to put our kitchen table in front of a bay window and a door that leads out to the back yard!


This is a picture of our half bath that is right off of the entry way! Not the best picture but you get the point right? So besides the bathroom, our downstairs is basically two rooms....the kitchen/dining area and the family room. That makes for a very wide open and spacious layout. Man, maybe I should pursue a career in real estate? :)


Here is a picture of the master bedroom that is being taken from our master bathroom. We also have a great walk in closet that has lots of space that I continue to hog from Eric! I am girl....I have rights!!!


Here is the laundry room which is right across from our master. We also put Chesney's kennel in here so this is also her place to chill at night and when we aren't home.


This is probably one of the rooms that still needs a lot of work...the computer/office! We have a couch we want to put in here and then we can get all of the bookshelves and such organized! We are waiting for some buff individuals to help us carry it up the stairs! Any volunteers???


Here is the guest bedroom that across the hall from the office. The lighting was bad but there isn't much else to see in this room besides the bed! We will add some more embellishments as time goes on but for now it works as we have had two guests already break it in for us!


This is the guest bath that is in the hallway between the office and the guest bedroom. It was already red so we just left it! We painted most everything else a kahki color...except of course for the nursery.




I have already posted a few pictures of Clara Jo's room but it is my favorite room in the entire house so I had to post a few more! Here you can see where she sleeps through the night and the blocks we made that each block has a letter of her name.

We will end the visual tour with a loving picture of the ENTIRE Young clan. We are loving our house and feel so blessed to have such a great place that we call home.

12 comments:

AJ Candrian said...

I miss you guys!!! Your house is darling and I can't wait to come stay again!

Chelita said...

I absolutely love it! It is so cute and so you! Plus- I cant get over how much your baby looks like a porcelain doll! She is so precious!

Becca said...

Your house is beautiful!! Hopefully we can see it this summer when we are in Utah. :) Plus I have to see that cute little girl. :)

Wendy Babcock said...

You are so fortunate! What a beautiful home! I am impressed with how many decorations you already have up!!

Nicole Marsh said...

What a nice house! It gives me house envy, haha. I am glad that you are enjoying it.

Marisa Jean said...

Wowzers! Nice house! I'm impressed! So put together. I've been in my house for what, 6 months, and half the boxes are still in the EXACT spot they were when we moved in. I need to take unpacking lessons from you! :)

Kristie said...

What a beautiful home!! You really decorated well, I'm impressed. My favorite is Clara Jo's room, love the polka dots!!

jrushing said...

Great house! I am glad you guys found something that you love!

The Shepherd family said...

We still need to come up and see you guys in your new place! It looks awsome though!!!!

Lisa said...

Somm you have a beautiful home! We hope to be into a new one in a few months after we sell our current one.

Karen said...

Your house is amazing. I don't know how you managed to unpack and have it looking so good with a baby. I guess it's because you are amazing. :)

dcprattfamily said...

What a darling humble abode!! And, I am SO excited!! You have cereal shelves again!!