Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sweet Caroline

So we venture on to trip #2 thanks to our airline vouchers! This time we were traveling farther and longer! Little one still did great on the airplanes! People usually gave us a crusty look when they saw that they were sitting near a baby! However, by the end of the flights, Clara Jo usually had won them over!
We were so excited to go and see our good friends Cassah and David in South Carolina. They have a cute little family and a little boy Jonathan who is about 3ish months older than Clara Jo. This is the man that she will one day marry you see! So it was important that we start the bonding early! Here are a couple of pictures of the two babies becoming acquainted with each other! I love the one of Eric having a serious conversation with Jonathan about his daughter's well being!





We got there late Wednesday afternoon and we spent Wednesday and Thursday chillaxin. I had a request to make sugar cookies. I remember back in the day how Cassah's cookies brought me much joy. So we busted out some sugar cookies! Trust me, they tasted as good as they look!





On Thursday, we decided that since Clara Jo was officially six months old, it was time to bring on the solids! So we used some of Jonathan's oatmeal cereal and fed it to Clara. She was a major fan and kicked vigorously in between every bite! Here are a couple of pictures of our big eater girl!




On Friday, we headed to a very fun place called Hilton Head. It was an island that was on the coast of South Carolina and it was only a few hours away from Cassah! We had such a great time there. We stayed over two nights. They have this place where we ate breakfast at twice that had Creme Brulee French Toast! YUM! We spent the days outside being one with nature and we spent the night time playing games. We had a blast even though Eric and I were not victorious! Here are quite a few pictures of Clara Jo being introduced to the beach and the ocean. Don't worry that Eric and I were well into our late teens and early twenties before we went to the beach for the first time! :)

















Although it was plenty warm outside, we decided to have Clara's first swimming experience be in the condo's heated pool. Little one didn't know quite what to think! While she didn't hate it, I don't think she loved it so much! We made this conclusion from the complexing look on her face! I am hoping that her opinion will change this summer at grandma's pool!




One night we took a walk on the beach while the sun was going down. It was so beautiful! I definitely could get used to being so close to a beach!




Cassah and David were so much fun and we enjoyed our stay at Hilton Head. Here are a few pictures we took before we headed back to Cassah's house. Thanks so much Pratt family for your hospitality and serious bonding! We just might come your way again!







Before we knew it, it was time to head home. We had a little drama getting home as our flight was canceled and we had to get rerouted! But we got home in one piece! It was about 50 degrees colder when we came home! Brrr!!!!

3 comments:

Heidi Rushing said...

Ohhh, you have such beautiful pictures to scrapbook next month!!!

Nicole Marsh said...

How fun!! I am jealous that you were able to go to the beach!! I haven't been able to take my kids yet. That is awesome Clara did so well on the plane.

Kristie said...

Very cute pictures!! Look like you had a wonderful and lovely time!!!