So a week or so ago, Eric and I ran our first 5K! It was such a fun adventure that we did together. Soon after Gracie was born, after the healing and getting your body back stage of life, Eric and I started running on Saturdays. I would run while he stayed home with the girls and visa versa. As the weeks and months passed, we started to build up on how far we could run. So we decided to participate in a Turkey Trot 5K! So Eric rocked it in his age division. He got fourth place. I also rocked it.... getting 21st place in my age division. Oh yes...I did say 21st. Watch out!! At one point, I had a grandma in front of me and I told myself I was not going to let a grandma beat me. However, there are some mighty fit old people out there! :) As I was coming upon the finish line, Eric came and ran with me and gave me word of encouragement. It was a tender marriage moment! :)
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Watch what you say about those grandma's that run...it just might be me in front of you!
Post a Comment