Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Gracie Jane
Well, here is the story of the day that Gracie Jane was born. We had an induction date scheduled on Tuesday April 24th, which was five days after my due date. Before we knew it, the day was here. We had the baby clothes washed, the house was clean, and we had amazing peole willing to watch Clara Jo. It was weird to arrange for someone to watch your child so you could have a chid. Amongst having everything ready, Eric and I wondered if we were really ready for this and would our first born appreciate what was in store for her. Early Tuesday morning, I called into the hospital and they told me they would call back and let me know what time to come in. Around 9:00 a.m. the hospital called and said to come in. My friend Juli came over and was going to spend the day with the future big sister. Off we went!!

Once we got to the hospital,they got us settled in a room and informed us it would be a little while before they started me due to some other women coming in who were wanting to deliver as well! Around 11:00 my nurse came in and we got hooked up with the drugs to move things along. I also got some drugs to make things more of an enjoyable nature. Mama Jo showed up and we passed the time by playing cards and watching television. Fast forward a few hours. It was almost 5 and I was ready to deliver. I was so proud that I had cut the labor time down significantly since Miss Clara Jo took 25ish hours to enter the world. My cute nurse was to go home at 5 but she choose to stay later so she could be there with me when the baby came. What a keeper. About 5:30, the doctor came in and we were going to have us a baby. After 2 or 3 pushes, Gracie Jane was born. She weighed 7 pounds 12 ounces and was 20 inches long.

A
After such a smooth labor, I guess things were going to well. Gracie Jane wanted us to have some excitment to remember her special day. The doctor told us the cord was around her neck pretty tight. He cut it, and put her on my tummy. She gave a little cry and then decided to hold her breath. The nurses whisked her away and worked on our little one. They called a certain code and within seconds, more than a dozen doctors and nurses rushed in. Needless to say, it scared the soup out of us. After a few minutes that seemed like forever, the people started to leave, and little Gracie Jane was breathing and recovering well. They wanted to take her to the nursery and look her over, but I got to hold her first. Then Eric got to cut her cord near her belly button. So much excitment! Needless to say, we know that we were blessed and being looked out for.
Just like her big sister, Gracie Jane spent the entire time in the nursery. They had to get her sugar levels up which meant that they had to give her an IV and then gradually as she began to eat better, they would ween her off of the IV and see if she would keep her blood sugar levels up. All of this was so familar to us since this is exactly what we went through with Clara Jo. To the t! Except Clara Jo also decided to have some jaundice as well. When it was time for me to be discharged, Gracie wasn't ready to go home yet. So just as we did before, I ended up staying an extra day in my room so I could be there with Gracie. Due to our little one being in the nursery, there were no visitors allowed except grandparents. I was so sad because I was looking forward to Clara coming and meeting baby sister in the hospital. However, that wasn't going to happen. Here are a few pictures of Gracie Jane with her select visitors.
Soon it was time that Gracie and I could leave the hospital. To this, I had mixed emotions. I sure was excited to get our new little one home and settled in. However, a part of me always hates to leave the hospital. Call me strange, but I love being at the hospital after I have a baby. I love the help that I get there and I LOVE the endless of supply of Larondoon cookies I had available to me. With both hospital experiences, we have had the most amazing doctors and nurses that took care of us. Some departing pictures of us with our new little treasure. What was Clara Jo going to think about our new bundle? Well that deserves a post of its own!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
She is beautiful!! So excited for you all! And happy that all is well.
She is so so precious! I can't wait to meet her.
I totally know what you mean about the hospital. I loved being waited on and I got to order every meal from a menu like it was a restaurant...with as many desserts and side dishes as I wanted--heaven! :) I kinda want to go back for another kid just for that but I'll remember to stay an extra day next time.
She is a cute little thing! That post brought a tear to my eyes! I so wish I was closer!
She's adorable! Congratulations! Glad you are all home healthy.
Oh my gosh she is adorable!!! You crack me up....the cookies, probably my favorite too, lol. I always kept asking for more :)
Yay for a little bundle of joy!! So glad that Gracie is fine and well, what a little scare though. Hope all is going well still and I'm sure those girls having fun with each other. Poor Eric is like me outnumbered....him by girls, and me by boys. :) Hopefully we can see you guys over Christmas when we head out to Utah for a trip. :) Congrats!!!!
Love the photos. Congratulations again! Gracie is beautiful.
congratulations! she is beautiful! Little girls are the best! So glad Clara Jo is taking to her well! Glad you are all doing great!
I love hearing birth stories from second-time mom's. They always seem to enjoy relaxing so much more than the first time. That little girl looks like a model doll. Absolutely flawless and beautiful! Congrats to the new family of four! :)
Post a Comment