Saturday, October 11, 2008

Got Reba?

For the people who have had the opportunity to know me quite well, it is not new information that I am a major fan of Reba. Lets just say that I think it would be darling to get another shih tzu puppy and name it Reba so we would have Reba and Chesney! I haven't talked the hubby into that one yet though! :) Eric and I were able to go to the Reba McEntire and Kelly Clarkson concert last night and it was awesome and needless to say quite blog worthy!

We were able to go with a member of our old single's ward bishopbric and his wife. We dropped by their house last week to say hi and found out that they had tickets! So the Zaelits picked us up and took us to dinner before the concert! They are high quality and we love spending time with them.



This is Eric and I before the show began. We had great seats and an awesome view. Eric is so fun to go to concerts with. He looks at me throughout the concert and will just laugh at me as I am getting into it. Don't worry, I can successfully get him to shake his groove thing along with me! He is a great concert partner!



The opening act was Melissa Peterman who played the part of Barbara Jean on the Reba show! She did a stand up comic routine and it was hilarious and actually pretty clean! We didn't know who would come out first and who would be the closing act. It turns out that they came out together and stayed out together the entire night. Both of them would sing on each other's songs even if it was of a back up nature!They both did an amazing job and I was so bummed when it was over! Here are some pictures from the concert!





10 comments:

The Shepherd family said...

Hey you two, I was listing to the radio last night and they played a solid hour of Reba after the concert for you guys going home, and for us that missed it. :o) I thought you must have been cold, but I am glad you guys had such a good time :o) I am glad to hear that you can still work your magic on Eric ;o)

Heidi Rushing said...

time for true confessions of a Rebaholic - how many times have you seen her concert? Remeber that honesty is the best policy!

Sara said...

how fun! I love barbara jean- she is hilarious... Um when do we get to see you again?!

jrushing said...

Don't worry. I wont let this post get in the way of having fun on the cuise. Can you say Karaoke Night?

Dan & Calli Ellinger said...

Looks like a fun night! I love watching Reba on her show.
Hey, I want to send you an invite to my blog. Just send me and email to dapperkins@hotmail.com and I will send you one.

Scott Rushing said...

I can't believe you are still spending hard-earned money on that little red-headed mouse?!?

jrushing said...

oops! I meant the cruise!

Justin & Heather said...

FUN! I am so happy for you! I love Reba!

Brian said...

I suppose that's tender to name another dog Reba. But if Reba and Chesney have a male litter, would it be the Oak Ridge Boys?

Just curious...

AJ Candrian said...

Well, I do like Kelly. You know how I feel about the other. I will say no more... except I'm glad you had a good time.