Friday, March 15, 2013

Viva Las Vegas

So...the big news... Eric and I have survived 5 years of marriage. Quite the accomplishment eh? Well, we feel good about it. Last year on our anniversary, I was very large and with child. Over our Texas Roadhouse dinner, I told Eric that next year for the big 5, we needed to be more festive! Thus...our little getaway to Las Vegas.

We drove up on the morning of our anniversary eve. It was a fun and pretty drive. Not to boast, but  I was quite an amazing d.j. Eric would pick an artist and I would pick 5 of their songs since we were celebrating 5 years. Tender. After a yummy early dinner in St. George, we pulled in to Las Vegas about the time of rush hour traffic. We found our hotel...the Flamingo and dropped all of our stuff off. Then we hit the strip. We walked to New York, New York and rode the roller coaster on top. It brought us great joy! We hung out a little while before we headed up to our pink and black room.

The next day, we slept in and that was amazing. We hit M&M World, the Coke Factory, and the Hard Rock Cafe. We spent the day just walking around and hanging out. For lunch, we stopped at Toby Keith's Bar and Grill. I got me some "Getcha Some" Fajitas. They were delightful. After more sightseeing and a much enjoyed afternoon nap, we head to see the light and fountain show at the Bellagio. It was awesome. Then it was time for...wait for it... The Donny and Marie Show. Oh yes, we went. We enjoyed, We were easily the youngest people there. It was a great show. It was a fabulous outing for our anniversary.

The next day, after sleeping in again, we got up and got dressed and checked out. We walked the strip for a little bit more before we headed out. But don't worry, the vackay was not over. One of my best friends from Ricks College lived nearby and we were going to spend the night with them and get some bonding in. We have kept in pretty good contact with emails and such but hadn't seen each other much since before my mission.We had a great time of good eating, cooking lessons, playing games, and catching up. Love her and her cute family.

The next day we woke up and headed back to the land of Zion. It was such a great trip and so fun to have some Eric and Sommer time. I sure do like him. Being able to visit an old friend was just icing on the cake! Until next time Sin City! Here are some pictures of our 5 year getaway!



















As hard as it was to come back, it was so good to see our little girls again. When we walked through the door, Clara Jo squealed. "Mom and Dad....I don't believe it!" Love her!
Also, please know that we did get a picture of Eric with a couple of show girls. While he said I couldn't post them on the blog or facebook (party pooper), I am willing to email it to you for your viewing pleasure! :)

6 comments:

AJ Candrian said...

Glad you had a fun getaway! Happy anniversary! And... wow... Mary looks EXACTLY the same.

Becca said...

That sounds like a perfect getaway for an anniversary!! So glad you guys had a blast. :) I thought it was Mary that you went and saw, you guys are awesome!!!

The Shepherd family said...

Awww, so cute! (of Clara Jo) So glad you guys had such a good time! You defiantly need one of those every few years!

Lisa said...

Congrats on being happily married for 5 years. I love married life. Your trip looked fun. thats neat you were able to see Mary. How fun.

Mary and Dean said...

Girl you are the bomb! It was such a blast. Come back anytime and I promise we'll work ourselves into a big bootie frenzie. Thanks for coming and playing and good luck making your mama's rolls! Luv ya!

Marisa Jean said...

Okay, the Donny and Marie Show?!? Ha ha! I love it! :) I love getaways, and getcha some fajitas made me laugh. O fun! :)