Wednesday, December 21, 2011

False Advertising

So our ward didn't have the jolly man at the Christmas shin dig. So I wanted to attempt a photo with the festive guy. So I heard Thanksgiving Point had him for just 5 bucks for two hours last night! So I dragged my friend Juli and Eric didn't mind being replaced for the outing! We get there about 10 minutes after Santa got there. Already an hour wait! So Clara and I went and saw the reindeer and roamed the shops while Juli waited in line. Fast forward about 80 minutes and we are at the front of the line. Clara is wearing her I love Santa shirt I just purchased for her. So we go up to him and Clara declares, "I like Elmo!" Santa then gives her a candy cane. Things are looking promising! Next I sit her on his lap and as you can tell from the photo it all went downhill from there. So moral of the story... the shirt lies! Still glad we went as it was quite the bonding adventure and we got yummy food afterwards!






5 comments:

Teresa said...

Love it! At least it wasn't a total failure of a night! Well worth the $5 to have blackmail for your daughter the rest of her life :)

Xoxo Grandma said...

I LOVE it BUT one day she'll hate that photo...just warning you.

Cortney said...

That stinks. It's hard to tell whether your kid will be comfortable with Santa. You never know until you try. Kudos for trying. :) she is adorable.

Stephanie G. said...

That is awesome! The shirt just adds to the charm of it all.

Marisa Jean said...

Bwahahaha! Classic picture.