Thursday, December 10, 2009

Close Call

We have had quite the emotional day today. That isn't saying much since I have been pretty emotional since the little one joined our family... stupid hormones. This week was my first week back at work. I was excited to teach again and have a large amount of adult interaction. I was not excited to leave my little girl all day long. First day back was Tuesday...in the midst of a huge snow storm. It took me over an hour to get to work. So I was looking forward to today not being such a stressful morning! WRONG! I got up and got ready. I fed baby girl and was ready to head out the door. I went outside and pulled my car out of the garage and turned the heat up so Clara Jo wouldn't freeze in the single digit temperature. So I come in to put the little one in her car seat and go and I hear this loud noise! I automatically assume that I didn't put my car brake on or I left it in a wrong gear and it was rolling. I ran out to see someone taking off in my car. I was shocked that someone stole my car from my driveway. I ran in and called the police to report it and it hit me that I could have easily had Clara Jo in the car. I was so blessed to have my little girl in the house where she was safe and sound. We reported the car being stolen and are waiting to hear if it turns up. While we are hoping the car
is found, what is most important is right here with me.

13 comments:

Grandma Bethany said...

Oh how scary! I have heard of cars being stolen and then left with a baby inside when the thief realizes they stole a car with a baby. Also, thankfully everyone is safe, including your Mom with her accident.
Lots to be thankful for, because as bad as it is, it could have been so much worse. Also, C.J. is beautiful!

Sara said...

Whoa! Seriously?! I cannot believe someone would do that! So glad no one was in the car and you are all safe. I hope the car turns up and is still in good condition.

Kristie said...

Sorry to hear that your car was stolen, but happy to hear that you are all safe and still together!! Very scary! You have the right state of mind being so grateful Clara wasn't in the car and that the car can be replaced.

Mary and Dean said...

Oh my goodness. What a blessing she wasn't in the car. Dean's brother had a similar story involving his son only it involved a lake and his car rolling into it. Glad you are both save. Hope you get your car back!

Chelita said...

what?! Are you kidding me?! I can not believe that happened to you! Your poor car has been through a lot! (Being backed into at my house- now stolen!) Like everyone else I'm glad your baby is safe and I really hope you find your car soon!
Love ya

Justin & Heather said...

ah creepy! my family had our car stolen from our driveway too...years ago. they had hot wired it though. BUT we found it on the way to my uncles wedding a few days later, with NOTHING wrong. so don't loose hope, and now aren't you feeling like you need THE CLUB too? also I am so glad that little one is safe!few!

Nicole said...

I heard about someone recently who had taken their kids BACK in the house with them (which I would never do) when they forgot something and when they came back someone had stolen the car. So crazy! I am SO SO SO glad you and the little doll are ok.

Call me, I want to know how back to work is going. You are amazing.

Jillinda said...

Oh Sommor that is so scary. I am so glad that you and your little Clara Jo are okay.

Sorry about your car though.

The Shepherd family said...

I was soooo glad to hear that you had yet to put the precious cargo in the car. So sorry you lost your car and I assume the base to your carseat. What a bummer, but really glad that you are both safe and sound. Good luck getting the car back.

Wendy Babcock said...

You had me terrified! I think I read your post wrong several times and had to calm down before I could really understand that Clara wasn't in the car. I can't imagine! I am so relieved that no one was hurt!

Karen said...

Yikes Sommer! That's scary and crazy. What a tough day. I'm glad your lil girl is safe.

Nicole Marsh said...

I can't believe that!!

Becca said...

Oh my goodness!!! So grateful little Clara Jo was safe and sound ALONG with her mom!!! I can't believe someone just stole your car from out of your driveway, too crazy. Hopefully it will show up and they will find out who took it. Glad you both are safe! :)