Last time we went to Idaho, I knew that I wanted to take Eric to a place called Big Jud's. They have these huge hamburgers that are quite tasty! Well, we never made it there because I had forgotten how to get there and we ran out of time and had to eat lunch at Arby's instead. Eric likes to give me crap about there really being a place called Big Juds! So this time, I was determined to get us there. Map quest took us there going through Idaho Falls. We did get there eventually but it was quite the trek. The whole time Eric was saying, "This place better be good!" Luckily we did find it and he enjoyed it.
After our large and scrumptious lunch, we went to Rexubrg and met up with President Christensen. We changed and went and did a session at the Rexburg temple. It was so pretty inside and neat to go there. I wished the temple had been there when I went to school there. I figured if you skipped school to go to the temple, the Lord would bless you on finals day! :)
After our session, President Christensen took us out to dinner and we went and visited the Teton Dam. It was fun driving out and seeing all of the potato fields and such. I definitely felt like I was in Idaho! We visited the rest of the evening. We stayed the night with them and woke up the next morning and headed out pretty early. I did make Eric walk around campus with me for a while so I could reminisce. They are doing a lot of construction and making things a lot bigger and better. It was then time for us to head back. We enjoyed our little vakay even though I came back without a friend for Chesney!
7 comments:
glad you guys had a good time ;o) Enjoy them while you can, it might be a while till you can do things like that again :o) oh Jeff was sorry you had to skip town on him though :o)
Sommer, even though you never comment on my blog, I want you to know I put the link to your blog up on mine! :)
It looks like a great trip! You don't have much longer now! We are so excited for you both! Get lots of sleep...
yea for big judds! i love that place---such memories! glad you could go back to the land that we love!
Gasp! I CANNOT believe that you came up to this area and didn't call me so that I could meet you for a few minutes to say "hi". :-) Glad you guys had fun!
OH what fun. I haven't been back since our roadtrip for homecoming. Oh the memories! Miss ya. When are do due again?
I agree that the Lord has to bless us when we skip class for the temple. Looks like you had fun in Idaho:)
Post a Comment