Monday, August 24, 2009

Summer Happenings

In looking through my recent pictures, we have had quite the happening summer. I thought I would post some for your viewing pleasure! As you can tell from previous posts, Eric and I love to go to country concerts together. What makes a country concert even the more sweeter is when it is free. So we were able to go to the FREE Chris Cagle concert at the Salt Lake County Fair. It was really fun. We went with Eric's cousin Cody and his new eternal companion, Becca. We are a fan of them!



Another fun event was my baby shower. Eric's cousin Lori and her mother and sister offfered to throw me a shower and it was a lot of fun. There were many people who came and lets just say that CJ is going to one stylin little girl. I neglected to take a picture of everyone who came but I did get a couple family shots as well asa photo with my shower givers.








As you learned from Eric's birthday post, I am trying to get into making and decorating cakes. I am just about finished with my 4 week class from Hobby Lobby and I am learning a lot. Here is the cake that I decorated the second week of class. I wouldn't have chosen a rainbow, but it is what was in the book so I went with it!



Summer brings a lot of family and friends through Utah which is really fun. My brother and his family just left and my other brother will be here shortly. I am not so good at taking pictures of the family bonding. I did take a picture of my friend Becca who happened to be in town. We met up for a fun lunch and had a great time catching up.




Finally, we went and supported our local baseball team, The Bees. Eric and I enjoy going to a game or two each summer. I really try to pick ones that they do fireworks after because they bring me joy. This year we went and Mama Jo and my nephew Jake went with us. Jake just turned nine so it was a little family birthday outing. This was the first game that we had attended that the Bees won! The fireworks show that followed the game was awesome.








So that is a little of what we have been up to this summer. Nice to know that we have more going on then me growing! I am down to about a month left.

3 comments:

Stephanie G. said...

Sommer, you and Eric are so cute! I love your blog. I feel bad I couldn't make it to the shower. Your gift is sitting on my couch awaiting delivery. I hope I can see you soon to get it to you before little CJ arrives. Love the name, so cute!! I miss you girl, give me a buzz soon. You da bomb!! :)

Sara said...

What great fun! Clara is going to be so lucky to have you guys as parents! And she will have some great lookin cakes at each birthday!

Marisa said...

You are adorable, Sommer! Looks like you guys are keeping busy and having fun!