Monday, August 18, 2008

Y Mountain




We were one with nature this weekend and we went and hiked the Y mountain. I will have to be honest and say that this was my second try getting to the top. Eric and I went last year in the middle of the afternoon on a very hot day and I wimped out. I spent the last year telling myself that it was the weather that stunted my hiking ability last year! This time we were smarter and we went out 7:30 at night and it was awesome. I did struggle at times but I did finally make it up there! Good thing I have a patient spouse. We added some extra entertainment by being decked out in U of U clothing. The comments people made to us made us laugh and Eric loved every minute of it. Here is some photo proof!

5 comments:

Meggan said...

You guys are too funny! I love that you hiked the Y in your Ute gear! Way to go making it to the top Somm! I don't know if I could do it right now.

The Shepherd family said...

Yeah you guys made it this year!!!! Good Job, starting at 7pm is much better then starting at noon. Oh and Sommer, to make you feel better I think that The Y is one of the more difficult hike around the valley. I hate switchbacks :o)

Sara said...

Sommer- no no no to U clothing! But fun hike!

Justin & Heather said...

Such a cute blog! But...like you came to Provo and neglected to see me! I guess I will forgive you this time:) It was so fun to talk to you!

jrushing said...

Too funny! You all need to move out here so you can provide somm much needed entertainment!